Friday, April 24, 2015

How I accept myself with ADHD.

In How I accept myself as a person with ADHD, it is not very easy at all. Since I was young as in second grade, I didn't really accept my own self. I always wanted to be "normal" and I wanted to be just like everyone else. I always felt not normal and I felt different than everyone else because of my ADHD and dyslexia. In second grade, I started to be on medicine for my ADHD.  When I was in elementary school, I had to put into Restore class for my dyslexia and I had to go see a speech therapist too. I was put into a normal classroom like everyone else have, but everyday around a time I had to get up and bring a book and notebook and walk to the restore classroom. I hated that so much because I felt everyone can stare at me and wonder why that I can go walk out of the classroom, but why she got stuff that isn't part of the class? I was the only one, who was in restore in my second grade class. When I was in the restore classroom, I felt like it was waste of my time, because I was in there for a hour or more.  I had restore for my English and Math that part of dyslexia. I used to hate the restore teacher, but after 4th grade I didn't really hate her.  When I was in the restore classroom, I felt so dumb and stupid because who was in the classroom, they weren't high in learning like I was.  When I was in school, I was at the line that makes you be in regular class(es) to being in restore class(es). I always wanted to be challenge with the work. In the restore classroom, the teacher gave us easy work and I felt like it was so easy. I told her that its easy work for math and I didn't had any problem with English because I am weak in English, but very good at math. The only thing I hated about English is the reading, I hate reading since I was young. I hate English so much because when I read out loud, I hate the sound of my voice and I felt so embarrassed if I can't pronounce a word right. I couldn't just pick up a book and read it all, I would just get tired of reading.  About math, I learn so quickly and pick up the math fast and I love learning and using my brain to work out math problems. The teacher taught me, how to used "dots" on numbers. It made it so easy to do math and I used different  tricks to help me in math. One year, the restore teacher let me stay in the classroom ( regular) during math and let me do it on my own :D I was so happy for myself. In 6th grade, I was very happy and I accept myself, but that didn't last.  In 6th grade, I was happy with being in restore class and I only go for hour and I had tons of friends and I had friends who in restore too. Well, I lost all my friends from school in one YEAR, but I still had my restore friends.  In 6th grade, I got make fun of and being bully because I had a small chest and I have a speech problem and I I'm skinny. In my 6th grade yearbook, I see pictures of everyone with their friends and I was only one who was alone. In mids school was better, but I didn't really accept myself. One of my restore classmate, she got into normal classes, but I didn't!!! Only 1 class!!! She wasn't even smart and she was always struggleing with school. That made me feel so stupid and dumb. I was on the line of being in normal classes and being in restore classes. I was very high in math and all subjects, but English.  In the 7th grade,I had all restore classes, but 2. I hated that so much, because everyone in the classes didn't care about learning and they hated school and they were so rude.  I asked the teachers if they can make the work little more hard, for me and not easy that is easy that a 5th grader can do it? The teachers didn't do it because they felt it wasn't fair for the other classmates..  In my P.E class, I made new friends that were normal and in the normal classes. I told them about what kind of classes I have and told them about myself. They accepted me for me and was so happy for that.One of them, my Best friend Cass and I got made fun of a lot and I was sticking up for her and help her though it. She got made of fun and bullies call her Pizza face... I got made fun of when I got called out of class for speech. The classmates say that not fair Julianne can get out of class, than a teacher say she have speech to go to.. than the mean ones in the class, said HAHAHA JULIANNE GOT SPEECH, SHE IS STUPID ( in a dumb way stupod.) I hated skipped class because I get tons of homework and missed lessons. In 8th grade, I got made fun of still,but it went to the point of someone stalk me! This person who was a stalker, she went to my school and she lives right be behind me. When I was in middle school, I walk to school and I walk home and this stalker, she only walk home. When I walked home, she walks behind me and tease me and called me names. Than one day, I went to the office and I wrote a note about what going on and they talked to her and she got into trouble. I was so proud of myself doing it on my own without my mom help! In middle school, I felt stupid and dumb and not pretty. In 8th grade, I was out those restore classes, but sadly not out of speech. I still hate the speech person because he was rude and didn't care that I miss a lot stuff in class. I love my math teacher because she didn't gave us easy classwork, she gave us easy work than builds up and makes it harder. I love my class which I helped out special needs, because I was raise around special needs all my life. After 8th grade was over, I was enjoying life and accept myself and I felt normal because of my group of friends I made in 7th grade. Sadly, in high school made me enjoy life and hate life through the four years.Read  my posts about my high school years. When I turn 21 years old, I realize how lucky I am to be alive and healthy. I might not be good at school, but I do have amazing personality and who is very great with kids. I can handle a group of 10 kids with no help and make them quiet. I am so lucky that I am able to be an Awana Leader and help with the kids program at my church. I been happier more than ever inside and out. I finally feel beautiful without makeup because I been washing my face twice a day and no more acne! I have a boyfriend who loves me for me, he loves my personality that shines through me. 


If you have any questions or want my advice please comment or email me at Juliblogger94@Gmail.com 

Don't let no one put you down, you are one of a kind that God create for a reason. You might not know what God plan is, but one day you will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment