Thursday, April 23, 2015

Being positive though anything that doesn't come out that you wish it was.

On Tuesday, I went to the DMV to get a new permit for driving. I got my permit last April 1st and the permit is good for one year and I took the behind the wheel test and I failed it because I wasn't too close to the right side of the curb in a neighborhood. So, I tried to get another behind the wheel test before April 1st and the DMV was booked up for a month! The DMV, told me I have to get a new permit than pass that and than I can get a behind the wheel test. On Tuesday, I went to my grandpa house because he asked me to help him drop off Molly( a dog) to the vets than he can take me to the DMV.  I helped my grandpa out with dropping off Molly at the vets around 8:30 am. I wasn't really nervous for my permit test at all, I was nervous about Molly more than anything. Molly was getting her teeth clean and the vets had to put her to sleep for the teeth cleaning. I had to go to the DMV around 11:00, but when I got there they said it was 11:30 my app.  I thought I wasn't going be long at the DMV, but I was wrong. My grandpa waited in the car and I went into the DMV and I waited in line and I put on a smile and be positive and respectful. Last year at the DMV, I was so in a negative mood and unhappy and that didn't made it easier on me. When I went up to the lady, where I had to pay and do my thumb print, I said hello, thanks for being able to work at the DMV and smile. She smile and said thank you for being so happy. She was doing her job  and VERY sweet lady, she told me thanks for making me smile and enjoy my day and best of luck on the test. Than I waited in a line for the picture and there was a teenager was 16 with his mom, he just got done doing the behind the wheel and they looked lost where to go. I told the mom, I think your son should go up there where there is a line that people go when they are done with the behind the wheel, and she smile and said thank you. He passed the behind the wheel test and his mom and him walking out and his mom said thank you for your help and being positive. I said your welcome and good luck with your son now driving without your help, she laugh and said WATCH OUT than. What I needed a laugh! After,I took the picture for my permit, the lady told me to pick a computer and do the test and you have 3 times to take the test. Last year, they hand me a the written test which wasn't on the computer. I took the test and fail each time. I was bummed out, but its was my dyslexia. Dyslexia + taking test= FAIL! I went up to a lady at the DMV and asked her if next time I can get the written test because of my dyslexia cause me to fail the test 3 times and the lady told me yes you can and next time when you do come in you have to pay again and tell them you take the test 3 times and you wanted the written test so you can have more time than doing it on the computer, I said thank you very much, and thank you for understanding.  Than I was about to walk out, there was a mom with her daughter who is going be taking the permit test and her daughter fail it 3 times and about to take it for the fourth time, she asked me is dyslexia is special needs problem? I told her in a nice tone, No its not, dyslexia is a learning disability that deals with learning. She say "Oh, how that can be possible?" I explain to her that when I was learning how to write that I mix up the "B" with a "D" and that I mixed up letters when I spell. She understand it little bit more now and didn't said anything after that. After that, I walked out to go to my grandpa and 2 hours later... Now my grandpa told me if I wanted someone to take me to the DMV, it got be my boyfriend or dad, not him. What happen with Molly? She got her tooth pull out :( she was is so much pain, but she is better now. 
Molly was all wanted to be snuggle up, she is a snuggle bug! 

No comments:

Post a Comment